The Vancouver Island Mountain Centre (VIMC) was designed to serve not only mountain sports athletes but also a variety of school, youth, adult, senior, and special interest user groups as well as the general public. The VIMC is a state of the art facility that provides high quality services, educational programming, and accommodation. Our well trained first-aid-certified staff members strive to provide safe, exciting, and rewarding outdoor, fitness and education experiences all designed to guide individuals towards the path of lifelong learning, fitness, and health.
- Program and accommodation booking can be completed by filling out the online request form on the Booking page.
- Program and Accommodation booking is done on a first come first serve basis.
- Groups of 35+ receive exclusive access to our second floor at no extra charge (dining room, dorm rooms, kitchen, washrooms and showers as well as lounge area).
- Groups fewer than 35 can pay an additional nightly fee for exclusive second floor access. If a smaller group chooses not to pay the exclusivity fee we will rent out the available dorms rooms to other groups.
- There is a booking deposit required for all bookings and is due upon booking. Booking deposits are 30% of a group’s overall invoice and are required to reserve your group’s time and date for programming (if accommodation is not required). Payment in full is due upon arrival unless otherwise arranged with Centre Manager.
- A credit card is required to have on file for any potential damages incurred during a group’s stay.
- In the case of a cancellation your booking deposit will only be returned if the cancellation is made 30 days prior to your booking (minus of $75 administration fee).
- Winter Weather-related CancellationsA group’s deposit may be returned at any time (minus a $75 administration fee) if their booking is directly related to a winter race/competition that has been cancelled due to a lack of snow.
If a community group (club, school, etc.) has booked dates specifically to ski and cannot due to a lack of snow their deposit will only be returned to them (minus a $75 administration fee) if Mount Washington Alpine Resort’s operations are completely closed ten days prior to a group’s visit.
Mount Washington Alpine Resort is considered open when one or more of the following alpine lifts (Eagle, Hawk, Whiskey Jack, Sunrise), at least three Nordic trails and the Tube Park are open.
Facility Usage Policies
- All guests must check in and register at reception.
- All youth groups must include a chaperon staying onsite.
- Sporting equipment (skis, poles, boots, gloves, dirty hiking boots etc.) are not permitted in dorm rooms and must be stored in the provided locked drying room on the first floor.
- User groups are expected to leave dorm rooms in the condition they were in prior to their arrival. The cost of any cleaning (other than normal vacuuming and mopping) and damage or missing items (ex. linen, pillows) will be deducted from the damage deposit.
- Check in time is 4pm and checkout is 11am. We may be able to provide an earlier check-in and later check-out time if possible however this must be arranged prior to a group’s arrival.