The Vancouver Island Mountain Centre (VIMC) was designed to serve not only mountain sports athletes but also a variety of school, youth, adult, senior, and special interest user groups as well as the general public. The VIMC is a state of the art facility that provides high quality services, educational programming, and accommodation. Our well trained first-aid-certified staff members strive to provide safe, exciting, and rewarding outdoor, fitness and education experiences all designed to guide individuals towards the path of lifelong learning, fitness, and health.
- Program and accommodation booking can be completed by filling out the online form on the Booking page.
- Program and Accommodation booking is done on a first come first serve basis.
- We will not mix accommodation bookings with unrelated user groups (ex. Ski team with school group) unless the first user group to make the booking agrees.
- There is a booking deposit required for all bookings. Booking deposits are 25% of a group’s overall invoice and are required to reserve your group’s time and date for programming (if accommodation is not required). An additional 25% is due 30 days prior to your group’s visit. Payment in full is due upon arrival unless otherwise arranged with Centre Manager.
- A credit card is required to have on file for any potential damages incurred during a group’s stay.
- In the case of a cancellation your booking deposit will only be returned if the cancellation is made 30 days prior to your booking or less than 30 days if we are able to fill your reserved space with a similar sized group.
Facility Usage Policies
- All guests must check in and register at reception.
- All youth groups must include a chaperon staying onsite.
- Sporting equipment (skis, poles, boots, gloves, dirty hiking boots etc.) are not permitted in dorm rooms and must be stored in the provided locked drying room on the first floor.
- User groups are expected to leave dorm rooms in the condition they were in prior to their arrival. The cost of any cleaning (other than normal vacuuming and mopping) and damage or missing items (ex. linen, pillows) will be deducted from the damage deposit.
- Check in time is 4pm and checkout is 11am.